An opportunity for an experienced Bequest Administrator, to manage the processing of new and existing bequests.
Who we are
The Heart Foundation is New Zealand’s heart health charity. Our vision is hearts fit for life, for this generation and the next. Research, education, prevention and quality care underpin the work we do.
Through the generous support of our donors, the Heart Foundation is able to continue to invest in specialist training for New Zealand Cardiologists and life-saving research projects into heart disease. Through this funding, the Heart Foundation is also able to deliver a diverse range of evidence based heart health programmes and initiatives, enabling more help for those living with heart disease and their families, health professionals and the wider New Zealand community.
About the work and role
We are looking to secure an experienced Bequest Administrator, to manage the processing of new and existing bequests, including Life Interests and Bequests in Perpetuity. Your responsibilities will include:
- End-to-end bequest stream process administration
- Bequest client relationship management database administration
- Management of bequest enquiries and queries
- Stakeholder relationship management (bequestor’s families, solicitors and executors)
- Bequest stream financial management and reporting (incl forecast and audit process)
About your skills & attributes
Our ideal candidate is process oriented with an understanding and working knowledge of bequests administration. Key to your success in this role, will be your accounting expertise and relationship management skills, gained while working within the financial and legal sectors.
- Intermediate/senior level accounting working experience
- Understanding of bequest and probate processes (incl Trust Deed, Will, Power of Attorney documents)
- Experience of working with lawyers, solicitors and others in the legal sector
- Familiarity with the charity bequest landscape
- Exceptional communication skills (listening, verbal and written)
- Exceptional research and data management skills (data integrity and reporting)
- High attention to detail
- Highly organised, approachable and collaborative working style
- Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Office suite skills
Please send your CV together with a cover letter, sharing your motivation/s for applying for this position and why you believe this position is a good fit for your skills, experience and attributes:
Human Resources Advisor
- Please note that we will only consider applicants possessing NZ residency/ a valid work visa
- Ellerslie, Auckland based
- Permanent part-time (6 hours per week)
- Actual days and hours of work will be finalised following discussions with shorlisted candidates
- Applications close on Sunday 3 December 2017