Join New Zealand’s leading heart health charity.
About the team
The Marketing and Communications team sits within the Marketing and Fundraising operating unit. It is responsible for building awareness, relevancy and trust for the Heart Foundation by communicating effectively with the Heart Foundation’s various audiences.
The team’s activities include marketing and communications strategy development, brand management, external communications, internal communications, providing marketing and communications advice and support as a business partner, implementing marketing, PR and media campaigns.
About your responsibilities
The Communications Advisor is responsible for developing and implementing communications from an organisation-wide perspective. The role has an internal orientation, providing writing and communications services, advice and support for the operating units of the Heart Foundation as a business partner. A second key focus of the role is to develop, coordinate and implement internal communications to ensure strong engagement and awareness of key Heart Foundation initiatives and projects.
Reporting to the Marketing and Communications Manager, you will interact with a diverse range of internal and external stakeholders. A calm demeanour and well-honed relationship management skills are essential.
Key areas of focus include:
- Content creation
- Internal communications channels
- Media management
- Relationship management
Your qualifications, skills and attributes:
- A relevant tertiary qualification in communications
- At least 3-5 years proven experience in a similar communications role
- Commitment to best practice communications
- Proven end-to-end project management skills
- Experience working in a highly collaborative manner
- Excellent written and oral communcation skills
- A nose for news, publicity opportunities and the ability to leverage media opportunities
- Good understanding of social media and online environments
- An understanding of marketing and some understanding of fundraising
- Exceptional time management and organisation skills - able to prioritise competing tasks without dropping the ball
- Current, clean full driver's licence
To apply for this opportunity, please send your CV together with a cover letter outlining why you believe this position is a great fit for you to:
Human Resources Advisor
- Ellerslie, Auckland based
- Fixed term, 40 hours per week
- Please note that we will only consider NZ Residents/holders of a valid Work Visa for this role
- Applications close 5.00pm 25 January 2019.