Direct Marketing Specialist - Individual and Regular Giving
Direct Marketing extraordinaire needed to join our high performing Fundraising & Marketing team.
About the team
The Heart Foundation is New Zealand’s heart health charity. Our vision is hearts fit for life, for this generation and the next. Research, education, prevention and quality care underpin the work we do.
Our Direct Fundraising team is responsible for a wide range of mass marketing, fundraising campaign activities, which include Donor Appeals and the Heart Foundation Lottery Programme. You will report to, and work alongside an expert Direct Fundraising Manager and a donor/customer focussed team, who are highly skilled and inspired to achieve positive results for the Heart Foundation.
We are looking forward to welcoming an exceptional senior direct marketing professional, offering established operations management skills and proven successes achieved while delivering direct marketing activities and supporter communications, related to Individual Giving cash appeals and Regular Giving programmes through telemarketing and face-to-face channels.
About your responsibilities
This is an outstanding opportunity, for a professional, looking to secure true opportunities to apply and grow their direct marketing and fundraising specialist skills, while working alongside other high achievers. Your contributions and responsibilities, will include;
- Direct Marketing strategy and planning
- Development and management of an annual budget for the individual and regular giving programme
- Development, delivery and growth of individual and regular giving initiatives and campaigns (across varied channels)
- Operational management of the individual and regular giving programmes
- Development and implementation of winning direct marketing and promotional collateral (includes concept and collateral approvals)
- End-to-end project management and coordination
- Internal and external stakeholder management (includes agency)
- Analysis of the effectiveness of campaigns and activities
Your skills and attributes:
- Tertiary qualification or equivalent
- Established Direct Marketing experience, from a structured direct marketing operations role
- 5+ years’ experience in Direct Marketing Fundraising for medium to large sized charity
- Proven experience in the management of direct mail campaigns
- Proven experience of effective budget management
- Proven stakeholder management experience that demonstrates the ability to focus on building, nurturing and growing effective working relations, across diverse internal and external stakeholder groups
- Exceptional project management and coordination skills (planning, budget, delivery and evaluation)
- Excellent communication skills (listening, verbal and written)
- Proven organisational and workload planning skills (excellent attention to detail)
- Ability to work as part of a team (includes supporting a senior manager)
- A good understanding of the latest developments, current trends and legislation as it applies to the marketing, fundraising, direct and digital marketing environment.
- Intermediate to advanced computer literacy; including database management and excel reporting
- Valid and clean full drivers licence
Please send your CV together with a cover letter, sharing your motivation/s for applying for this position to:
Human Resources Manager
- Ellerslie, Auckland based
- Permanent full-time (40 hours/week)
- Please note that we will only consider applicants possessing NZ residency/a valid work visa
- Applications close at 5pm, Friday 18 May 2018.