Are you looking to contribute to healthier learning environments?
What we do
The Heart Foundation is New Zealand’s heart health charity, dedicated to improving the heart health of all New Zealanders. Support, research, education, prevention and quality care underpin the work we do. Hearts fit for life, for this generation and the next.
Who we work with
Project Energize is a programme for Wellington primary and intermediate schools to improve children’s physical activity and nutrition. Our partnership with Project Energize, presents a fantastic opportunity for 2 enthusiastic Energizers, who are passionate about providing practical support to schools and teachers with the aim to influence positive change for the health of children, their families and communities.
Project Energize has big ambitions for improving the health of children through a whole school approach. As one of our talented Energizers, you will play a key role in supporting schools in Wellington, Porirua and Kapiti to improve overall health through physical activity and nutrition. The Heart Foundation is a dynamic and supportive environment, which provides great learning and development experiences while working alongside other highly committed team members.
Will include the facilitation and delivery of:
- Healthy eating initiatives in primary schools
- Physical activity sessions with children
- Professional development workshops for teachers
Our ideal Energizers
We are looking for 2 well-rounded Energizers who:
- Are ready to be challenged and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Hold qualifications and experience gained while working in an education setting
- Have a working understanding of New Zealand schools and health promotion
- Have proven abilities, in planning and delivering physical activity and nutrition sessions
- Have a strong understanding of Māori and Pasifika cultures
- Possess a high level of self-motivation with demonstrated ability of working within set guidelines
- Have exceptional time management and planning/organisation skills
- Have excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Are engaging public speakers
- Are intermediate Microsoft Office suite operators (Word, Outlook, Excel, Powerpoint)
- Have a valid, clean full drivers licence
Please send your CV together with a cover letter, sharing why you believe your skills, experience and attributes are a fantastic fit for the role and team.
Human Resources Advisor
- 2 permanent full-time roles
- 40 hours/week; 8.30am to 5pm, Monday through to Friday
- Wellington City based
- We are looking forward to hearing from applicants possessing a strong understanding and competency, in working with Māori and Pasifika cultures.
- Please note that we will only consider applicants possessing NZ Residency/ a valid NZ Work Visa
- Applications close on Sunday, 25 February 2018.
The Energizer role:
- includes the use of a HF vehicle for business purposes
- includes travel across Wellington, Porirua and Kapiti is a requirement of the role. In addition, travel to the Waikato for essential induction and training purposes
- may require work outside of usual business hours (e.g. to attend training, evening and weekend events/sessions).