Heart Health Advocate – Hawke’s Bay
Join our team and contribute to the help we are providing for people and their families affected by heart disease.
About our work
The Heart Foundation is New Zealand’s heart health charity, dedicated to stopping people in New Zealand dying prematurely from heart disease and enable people with heart disease to live full lives Our Heart Healthcare team aims to achieve better outcomes for people and whānau impacted by heart disease. We support health professionals, those living with heart disease, their families and whānau by providing high quality resources, training, guidance and advice.
Are you great at connecting with people?
As our local champion for the Heart Foundation Hawke’s Bay you will;
- Provide help for people and their families affected by heart disease through the promotion and delivery of Heart Foundation tools, resources and initiatives (e.g. our Journeys initiative).
- Help raise awareness of heart disease, promote the vital work of the Heart Foundation and support key campaigns
- Recruit, engage, recognise and lead our volunteers; ensuring high-performing, engaged and empowered volunteer teams
Your skills and attributes
Driving our focus on personal health and working with health professionals, are key to your success as our Hawke’s Bay Heart Health Advocate.
- Experience developing collaborative initiatives with hospitals or health providers
- Experience promoting key messages amongst community networks and groups
- Understanding of volunteer recruitment, engagement and coordination
- Excellent communication skills (listening, verbal & written)
- Tertiary qualification (or proven experience), preferably in health/social sciences or community development
- Strong and effective stakeholder engagement and networking skills
- A confident public speaker and presenter (small and large groups)
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, time and work autonomously
- Intermediate / advanced Microsoft Office suite and database user skills (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Valid full and clean drivers licence.
To apply for this permanent part-time opportunity, please send your CV and cover letter to;
Human Resources Team
- Permanent part-time; 20 hours per week
- This role covers Hawke’s Bay region
- Applications close on 5pm, Monday 5 November 2018
- Please note that we will only consider NZ Residents/holders of a valid and open Work Visa.