Heart Health Advocate – Rotorua
Join our team and contribute to the help we are providing for people and their families affected by heart disease.
The Heart Foundation is New Zealand’s heart health charity. Our vision is hearts fit for life, for this generation and the next. Research, education, prevention and quality care underpin the work we do.
Are you great at connecting with people?
This role offers considerable scope to apply your initiative, relationship management and problem solving abilities while working alongside our high performing teams. You will engage key hospitals, health providers, community groups and other key stakeholders. As our local champion for the Heart Foundation in Rotorua you will:
- Provide help for people and their families affected by heart disease through the promotion and delivery of Heart Foundation tools, resources and initiatives (e.g. our Journeys initiative).
- Help raise the importance of heart disease, promote the vital work of the Heart Foundation and support key campaigns
- Recruit, engage and lead our Rotorua branch volunteers.
Your experience, skills and attributes
While there is a community component to the role, our ideal candidate also offers working experience from marketing and promotion. Driving our focus on personal health and working with health professionals are key to your success as our Rotorua Heart Health Advocate.
- Experience developing collaborative initiatives with hospitals or health providers (marketing/sales)
- Experience promoting key messages amongst community networks and groups
- Excellent communication skills (listening, verbal & written)
- Understanding of volunteer recruitment, engagement and coordination
- A tertiary qualification, preferably in health marketing/promotion
- Strong and effective stakeholder engagement and networking skills
- A confident public speaker and presenter (small and large groups)
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, time and work autonomously
- Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Office suite and database user skills (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Valid full and clean drivers licence.
Please send your CV and cover letter to:
- Based in Rotorua
- Permanent part-time, 20 hours/week (actual days and hours of work will be finalised, following interview discussions)
- Closing Monday, 6 November 2017
- Please note that we will only consider NZ Residents/holders of a valid Work Visa