Manage our heart health regional team
A fantastic opportunity for a proven people leader; to mobilise our Northern regional team, towards the effective delivery of consumer support services and community initiatives.
About the team and work:
Our Heart Healthcare team provides care and support for people impacted by heart disease and their families. Our Northern team is responsible for the delivery of community-level engagement, building awareness of the Heart Foundation, heart disease and connecting consumers with information and services provided by the Heart Foundation and others in the region.
The team includes up to 12 Heart Health Advocacy and support team members. The region’s coverage includes Tauranga, Rotorua, New Plymouth, Hawke’s Bay, Gisborne, Hamilton and Auckland.
About the role:
This role is a vital link between the work of the Heart Foundation in local communities and our national office. You will lead and mobilise a team of passionate Heart Health Advocates to deliver consumer support and community initiatives that align to the Heart Foundation’s strategic plan.
This role requires a proven people leader, who thrives when creating opportunities to collaborate and engage with a broad range of internal and external stakeholders. You will have a commitment to improving the health of New Zealanders and possess an insight into local communities.
About your skills, experience and attributes:
- Demonstrated success in the leadership and management of team members and achieving high performance
- A collaborative approach, with excellent interpersonal skills
- Proven ability in building and nurturing productive relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- An organised leader, with exceptional time management skills
- Significant experience in operational and financial management (development, implementation and evaluation of operational plans)
- Experience in managing a distributed, regional team is preferred
- Experience in the community sector, providing community support and generating community engagement
- Tertiary qualified
- Intermediate to advanced Microsoft office suite skills
- Valid full and clean drivers licence (this position includes regular travel within NZ)
- A smokefree individual, who is personally committed to a healthy lifestyle
- Experience in the health and not-for-profit sectors is preferred but not essential
Please send your CV together with a cover letter, sharing why you believe your skills, experience and attributes are a fantastic fit for the role and team. We would also like applicants to outline why they believe they would be the best candidate for the opportunity:
Human Resources Manager
- Please note that we are open to this role being either Auckland or Hamilton based
- Permanent full-time (40 hours per week)
- This role includes regular travel within NZ
- Please note that we will only consider applicants possessing NZ residency/ a valid work visa
- Applications close on Tuesday, 17 April 2018