Manager Heart Health Advocates - Northern
A fantastic opportunity for a proven people leader; to mobilise our teams, to effectively deliver consumer support services and community initiatives.
About the team and work:
Our Heart Healthcare team provides care and support for people impacted by heart disease and their families. Our regional heart health advocates and support team are responsible for the delivery of community level engagement, building awareness of the Heart Foundation and heart disease and connecting consumers with services provided by the Heart Foundation and others in the region.
About the role:
The Manager Heart Health Advocates Northern is a vital link between the work of the Heart Foundation in local communities and the national office. You will lead and mobilise a team of passionate Heart Health Advocates, to deliver consumer support and community initiatives that align to the Heart Foundation’s strategic plan.
This role requires a proven people leader, who relishes collaborating and engaging with a broad range of internal and external stakeholders. You will have a passion for improving the health of New Zealanders and possess an insight into the local and health environments in which our Heart Health Advocates operate.
About your skills, experience and attributes:
- Tertiary qualified in a relevant discipline
- Demonstrated success in the leadership and management of team members and achieving high performance
- A collaborative approach, with excellent interpersonal skills
- Proven ability in building and nurturing productive relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- An organised leader, with exceptional time management skills
- Significant experience in operational management (development, implementation and evaluation of operational plans)
- Experience in the community and health sectors, providing community support and generating community engagement
- Intermediate to advanced Microsoft office suite skills (Incl. Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Valid full and clean drivers licence (this position includes regular travel within NZ)
- A smokefree individual, who is personally committed to a healthy lifestyle
- Experience in, or an affinity for, the not-for-profit sector
Please send your CV together with a cover letter, sharing why you believe your skills, experience and attributes are a fantastic fit for the role and team. We would also like applicants to outline why they believe they would be the best candidate for the opportunity:
Human Resources Advisor
- Please note that we are open to this role being either Auckland or Hamilton based
- Permanent full-time (40 hours per week)
- This role includes regular travel within NZ
- Please note that we will only consider applicants possessing NZ residency/ a valid work visa
- Applications close on Sunday, 18 February 2018