Manager, Nutrition Advisors South
Contribute to the achievement of the Heart Foundation’s vision, mission and objectives by providing effective leadership of the Southern team of Nutrition Advisors.
About the team
The Education team is responsible for developing, delivering, monitoring and evaluating a range of early learning and school based nutrition and physical activity programmes and activities throughout New Zealand. These programmes are delivered by Nutrition Advisors. The primary role of Nutrition Advisors is to promote heart healthy environments in schools and early learning services through the delivery of a Ministry of Health contract.
About the role
Contribute to the achievement of the Heart Foundation’s vision, mission and objectives by providing effective leadership of the Southern team of Nutrition Advisors and collaborating with Education team to optimise delivery.
To contribute to the achievement of the Heart Foundation’s vision, mission and strategic objectives through the effective operational management and local delivery of Education team initiatives across the Southern Region. It has a key role in:
- Implementing the Education team operational plan.
- The effective management, coaching, mentoring and leadership of the Nutrition Advisors.
- Working collaboratively with the Manager Nutrition Advisors – North to achieve company objectives.
Your skills and attributes
- A relevant tertiary qualification (including human nutrition, dietetics, health, or education).
- Proven people management ability and experience.
- An understanding of the educational, socio-economic, cultural and community factors, which influence child health.
- Experience promoting, facilitating and motivating individuals, groups, and/or organisations to adopt health promoting practices.
- Proven ability to network and build productive relationships with external stakeholders.
- Demonstrated commercial acumen and the capability to work to budget.
- Strong understanding of the education sector and the context in which schools and early learning services operate.
- Existing relationship with relevant external agencies.
- Knowledge of service delivery in the education sector.
- Experience writing reports related to delivery of community-based services.
- Experience in public speaking.
To apply for this Wellington based role, please send your CV together with a cover letter to Jan Aitken, HR Advisor, Heart Foundation by email: email@example.com
This job closes on 13 May 2019.Get the full position description