National Nutrition Advisor
A fantastic opportunity for a senior New Zealand registered Dietitian/Nutritionist, to play a key role in growing the Heart Foundation’s food and nutrition leadership capabilities.
The Heart Foundation is New Zealand’s heart health charity. Our vision is hearts fit for life, for this generation and the next. Research, education, prevention and quality care underpin the work we do.
About our National Nutrition Advisor
We are looking to secure a senior New Zealand registered Dietitian/Nutritionist, who is strongly connected to the delivery of trusted, evidence based nutrition initiatives and messages for the New Zealand public. This is your opportunity to play a key role in growing the Heart Foundation’s food and nutrition leadership capabilities, within a team of high performing professionals, led by our Food and Nutrition expert.
You will work alongside our multidisciplinary team, in particular; Heart Healthcare, Education and Pacific Heartbeat, to support their nutrition strategies for the New Zealand public. We will look to you, to lead the delivery of appropriate evidence based nutrition messages, across wide ranging media channels.
About our ideal candidate
Our successful candidate will be an accomplished leader within the nutrition sector, with successes achieved over at least 5 years. You will be a resourceful and forward thinking strategic operator, with demonstrated skills in research, policy development and collaboration across diverse internal and external stakeholder groups.
Your skills and attributes
- A tertiary qualification and demonstrated academic excellence related to nutrition
- Postgraduate or Masters qualification related to population health/nutrition
- NZ Registered Dietitian/Nutritionist
- 5 years’ experience gained from working at a senior level in population health nutrition
- Experience and demonstrated success in nutrition research and policy development
- An understanding of the importance and application of improving population health
- Ability to review and critique scientific evidence
- Working experience in developing and delivering diverse nutrition communications (digital and media)
- Strong writing skills for both technical audiences and the general public (blogs and resources)
- A confident public speaker and presenter
- Able to work effectively as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Office suite and database skills
- Valid, full and clean drivers licence.
Please send your CV together with a cover letter, sharing your motivation/s for applying for this opportunity to:
Human Resources Advisor
- Ellerslie based, permanent part-time or full-time role
- 30 to 40 hours per week (hours are negotiable)
- Please note that the actual days and hours of work are yet to be set. The split of days and times will be finalised following discussions with shortlisted candidates during interviews.
- Applications will only be considered from applicants possessing NZ residency/a valid work visa
- Applications close on Monday, 6 November 2017