Nurse Liaison - Heart Healthcare
A fantastic opportunity to support the achievement of better outcomes for people and whānau impacted by heart disease.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced, senior nurse educator, to join our Heart Healthcare team. You will work closely with our Medical Director, GP Champions, and other Nurse Liaison staff, as well as the wider primary care sector, to achieve better outcomes for people and whānau impacted by heart disease. This role offers excellent opportunities to utilise and grow your strengths and skills in training, consumer support and relationship management, while working alongside a diverse range of internal and external stakeholders.
About the team
The Heart Foundation is New Zealand’s heart health charity, dedicated to stopping people in New Zealand dying prematurely from heart disease and enable people with heart disease to live full lives Our Heart Healthcare team aims to achieve better outcomes for people and whānau impacted by heart disease. We support health professionals, those living with heart disease, their families and whānau by providing high quality resources, training, guidance and advice.
About the role
You will champion and enable primary care to implement the CVD Consensus Statement, particularly in high risk populations. This will include being an expert resource and working with primary care to understand their needs, and tailor training solutions that can be practically delivered on a national scale or with targeted regions. You will provide advice and support to enable quality improvement initiatives across primary and secondary care.
You will lead the development and delivery of training and other support that ensures the ongoing competence of the Heart Foundation workforce, such as the Heart Health Advocates, as well as being the on-hand expert for clinical advice and queries.
You will promote evidence-based support to our consumers. You will work with colleagues to develop clinically accurate and engaging information (digital/online and hard copy) for a wide range of consumers, their families and whānau, to help them manage their CVD risk and prevent secondary events.
Your experience, skills and attributes:
- A tertiary qualification in nursing (with, or working towards post graduate studies)
- Current NZ practising certificate
- Experience in developing and providing training of health and non-health audiences to achieve key outcomes
- Experience in primary and secondary care, long term conditions, and/or cardiovascular disease
- Demonstrated experience in developing effective networks with health professionals and key stakeholders that facilitate quality improvement
- Proven experience in delivering results
- Excellent interpersonal and stakeholder management skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong presentation and facilitation skills
- Intermediate+ Microsoft Office Suite skills
- A valid, clean full drivers licence
Please send your CV together with a cover letter, sharing your motivation/s for applying for this full/part-time opportunity to:
Human Resources Manager
- Ellerslie based, permanent full-time, 40 hours/week or partime
- We are very much open to considering part-time hours. Please ensure that your ideal part-time hours are outlined in your cover letter for considered as part of our application review stage.
- Please note that we will only consider applicants possessing NZ residency/valid work visa
- Applications close on Sunday, 16 September 2018