Nurse Liaison - Heart Healthcare Team
The Heart Foundation is New Zealand’s heart health charity, dedicated to improving the heart health of all New Zealanders. Support, research, education, prevention and quality care underpin the work we do.
About the team
Our Heart Healthcare team aims to reduce premature cardiovascular death and help people impacted by heart disease by supporting health professionals and those living with heart disease, their families and whānau. The teams’ areas of focus include; primary prevention, cardiovascular risk assessment and management, secondary prevention and support for those with heart disease.
About the role
You will play a lead role in championing and enabling our team members to provide current, evidence-based support to our consumers, and those who support them, through relevant and practical training initiatives. You will also work with colleagues to develop clinically accurate and engaging information for a wide range of consumers, their families and whānau, to help them manage their CVD risk and prevent secondary events.
Your responsibilities will include
- Training and support for regional heart health advocacy frontline colleagues
- Contributing to the delivery of evidence-based and best practice resources (digital, online and hard copy)
- Assisting in the delivery of support for health professionals in their delivery of CVD prevention and heart health care
About who you will work with
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced, senior nurse, to join our team and work closely with a highly regarded Nurse Liaison colleague. You will also work closely with our Medical Director and GP Advisors. This role offers true opportunities, to utilise and grow your strengths and skills in training, consumer support and relationship management; while working alongside a diverse range of internal and external stakeholders.
Your experience, skills and attributes
- A tertiary qualification in nursing (with, or working towards post graduate studies)
- Current NZ practising certificate
- Experience in training health and/or non-health audiences to achieve key outcomes
- Experience in primary and secondary care, long term conditions, cardiovascular disease
- Demonstrated experience in developing effective networks with health professionals and key stakeholders
- Proven experience in getting initiatives underway and delivering results
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong presentation and facilitation skills
- Intermediate+ Microsoft Office Suite skills
- A valid, clean full drivers licence
Please send your CV together with a cover letter, sharing your motivation/s for applying for this full/part-time opportunity to:
Human Resources Manager
- Ellerslie based, permanent full-time, 40 hours/week
- We are very much open to considering part-time hours. Please ensure that your ideal part-time hours are outlined in your cover letter for considered as part of our application review stage.
- Please note that we will only consider applicants possessing NZ residency/valid work visa
- Our detailed position description is attached.
- We are accepting applciations for this role.