Nutrition Advisor - Auckland
We're looking for a full time Nutrition Advisor to influence healthy changes in early learning services by delivering Heart Foundation programmes and initiatives.
About the team
The Education Team is responsible for developing, coordinating, monitoring, evaluating and delivering a range of school and early learning services, based nutrition and physical activity focussed initiatives throughout New Zealand. These activities are delivered by our Nutrition Advisors nationwide.
About the role
- To influence healthy changes in schools and early learning services by the delivery of the Heart Foundation programmes and initiatives
- Work with key local stakeholders and influencers in the education sector in order to effectively promote heart health environments for children.
Hours and travel notes
- This role, is a 12-month fixed term until June 2020, 40 hours per week.
- The position may require work outside of usual business hours (e.g. to attend and facilitate community events).
Your skills and attributes
- A tertiary qualification in Human Nutrition (including an understanding of public health)
- Proven experience in promoting, facilitating and motivating individuals, groups, and/or organisations to adopt health promoting practices
- Demonstrated understanding of and commitment to the heart health of New Zealanders, with a focus on addressing health inequalities in high needs groups
- An individual who will work effectively as part of a decentralised team, while also demonstrating an ability to identify, analyse and solve problems on a day-to-day basis, without direct supervision
- You will be an experienced presenter with proven skills in promoting, advocating for and supporting, initiative and services delivery
- Communicates appropriately (both verbally and in writing) ideas and information in a form well matched to, and well received by, the target audience and other key stakeholders.
- An understanding of the educational, socio-economic, cultural and community factors, which influence child health.
- Experience writing reports related to delivery of community-based services.
- Knowledge of the broader context in which early learning services and schools operate.
- A confident user of online Customer Relationship Management (CRM) databases
- Knowledge of sales and social marketing and how these can be used to enhance service delivery.
- Able to speak Te Reo would be an advantage.
To apply for this Auckland based role, please send your CV together with a cover letter to Jan Aitken, HR Advisor, Heart Foundation by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
This job closes on 13 May 2019.Get the full position description