Nutrition Advisor Rotorua
Can you make nutrition advice meaningful for people, schools and early learning services?
What we do
The Heart Foundation is New Zealand’s heart health charity. Our vision is hearts fit for life, for this generation and the next. Research, education, prevention and quality care underpin the work we do.
Too many people are dying prematurely, are needlessly at risk, and are suffering from preventable heart disease. Our reason for being is to change this. Join the Heart Foundation, and help us in promoting heart health within the education sector.
Who we work with
Primarily schools, early learning services and their wider communities. We also work with other stakeholders such as Healthy Families NZ and Health Promoting Schools.
What the job involves
We support schools and early learning services to make healthy changes to their nutrition environments.
About our ideal applicant
We are looking for a talented Nutrition Advisor, who is passionate about delivering meaningful nutrition advice in schools and early learning services. Our ideal candidate has a Bachelor of Science, majoring in Human Nutrition. We need people who:
- Are flexible, adaptable and ambitious - our context is constantly evolving
- Act as a catalyst for others – we work well together with other stakeholders, sharing best practice and encouraging leaders in education to drive change
- Are skilled educators – we tailor our approaches with schools and early learning services to help make change happen
- Have an affinity with tikanga Māori and a strong understanding of Pasifika culture.
Please send your CV together with a cover letter, sharing your motivation/s for applying for this position and why you believe you this position would be a good fit for you:
Human Resources Advisor
- Please note that we will only consider applicants possessing NZ residency/ a valid work visa
- Rotorua based, permanent part-time (20 hours per week)
- Please note that the actual days and hours of work, will be finalised following discussions with shortlisted candidates
- Applications close on Sunday, 11 February 2018.