Nutrition Advisor - Wellington
We're looking for a Nutrition Advisor to join our team in Wellington.
- New Zealand’s leading heart health charity
- Promoting heart health within the education sector
- Wellington based, fixed term to 30 June 2020, part-time (20 hours per week)
What we do
The Heart Foundation is New Zealand’s heart health charity. Our vision is hearts fit for life, for this generation and the next. Research, education, prevention and quality care underpin the work we do.
Too many people are dying prematurely, are needlessly at risk, and are suffering from preventable heart disease. Our reason for being is to change this. Join the Heart Foundation and help us in promoting heart health within the education sector.
Who we work with
Primarily schools, early learning services and their wider communities. We also work with a number of Stakeholders to reach our shared goals.
What the job involves
We support schools and early learning services to make healthy changes to their nutrition environments.
Who we are looking for
We are looking for a talented Nutrition Advisor, who is passionate about delivering meaningful nutrition advice in schools and early learning services. Our ideal candidate has a Bachelor of Science, majoring in Human Nutrition.
We need people who
- Are flexible, adaptable and ambitious - our context is constantly evolving
- Act as a catalyst for others – we work well together with other stakeholders, sharing best practice and encouraging leaders in education to drive change
- Are skilled educators – we tailor our approaches with schools and early learning services to help make change happen
- Have an affinity with tikanga Māori and a strong understanding of Pasifika culture.
To apply for this fixed term, 20 hours/week role in our Wellington branch, please send your CV and cover letter sharing your motivation/s for applying to Cecile Woods, HR Advisor, Heart Foundation email@example.com
Please note that we will only consider NZ Residents and holders of a valid work visa for this position.
Applications close: 5pm Wednesday 28th August, 2019Download the position description (PDF)