Senior Communications Advisor
Join New Zealand’s leading heart health charity and make a genuine impact in heart health.
About the team
The Marketing and Communications team sits within the Fundraising and Marketing operating unit. It is responsible for building awareness, familiarity and trust for the Heart Foundation by communicating effectively with the Heart Foundation’s various audiences.
The team’s activities include marketing and communications strategy development, brand management, external communications, internal communications, providing marketing and communications advice and support as a business partner, implementing marketing, PR and media campaigns.
About your responsibilities
The Senior Communications Advisor is responsible for developing and implementing communications from an organisation-wide perspective. The role has an external focus to help grow the profile and reputation of the Heart Foundation among its key audiences by developing plans and campaigns for earned and owned channels, creating highly engaging content, building relationships with media and by advising and supporting the operating units of the Heart Foundation as a business partner.
Reporting to the Marketing and Communcations Manager, this role interacts with a diverse range of internal and external stakeholders. A well-developed customer service ethic and well-honed relationship management skills are essential.
Key areas of focus include:
- Content creation
- Media management
- Relationship management
Your qualifications, skills and attributes:
- A relevant tertiary qualification in communications
- At least 7-10 years proven experience in a Senior Communications or similar roles
- Commitment to best practice communications
- Exceptional interviewing, writing and storytelling skills
- Proven media management skills and a well-developed network of media contacts
- A proven nose for news, publicity opportunities and the ability to leverage media opportunities
- A creative streak with a desire to make a positive impact
- Good understanding of social media and online environments
- An understanding of marketing and some understanding of fundraising
- Valid and clean full driver's licence
To apply for this opportunity, please send your CV together with a cover letter outlining why you believe this position is a great fit for you to:
Human Resources Advisor
- Ellerslie, Auckland based
- Fixed term, 40 hours per week
- Please note that we will only consider NZ Residents/holders of a valid Work Visa for this role
- Applications close 5.00pm 25 January 2019.