Senior Communications Advisor
Play a key role in delivering communications, that achieve positive results for people impacted by heart disease
The Heart Foundation is New Zealand’s heart health charity. Our vision is hearts fit for life, for this generation and the next. Research, education, prevention and quality care underpin the work we do.
About the team and role
Our brand and communications team is responsible for supporting Heart Foundation strategic goals and values through effective reputation management. Internal communications, media relations, stakeholder communications and events, are all aspects covered in this role.
Reporting to the Brand and Communications Manager, you will interact with a diverse range of internal and external stakeholders, capitalising on opportunities to maximise positive benefits for the Heart Foundation. Therefore, well-honed relationship management skills are essential.
Our ideal candidate
This role offers a great opportunity to work with inspiring colleagues in a collaborative environment, driven to achieve positive results, helping those impacted by heart disease and their families.
We're looking for an enthusiastic team player with proven writing ability, top-notch media skills, great initiative and working experience in a senior communications role to join our Marketing & Fundraising team. Our ideal candidate will:
Be a self-starter, who can hit the ground running
Relish the challenge of working across wide-ranging projects
Have exceptional time and project management skills
Be a creative problem solver
Your qualifications, skills and attributes
- A tertiary qualification in Communications or Journalism
- Commitment to best practice journalism
- Working experience in a Senior Communications or similar role (8-10 years’)
- Sound writing and interviewing skills
- Exceptional media management skills
- Proven end to end project management skills
- A calm demeanour with the ability to manage crisis media communications professionally and capably
- A sound nose for news and ability to leverage media opportunities
- A creative streak with a desire to make a positive impact
- Excellent understanding of social media and online environments
- An understanding of marketing and some understanding of fundraising
- Current, full clean drivers licence
Please send your CV, together with a cover letter detailing your motivations for applying and why you believe this position is a great fit for you, to:
- Ellerslie, Auckland based
- Permanent full-time (40 hours/week)
- Please note that we will only consider NZ Residents/holders of a valid Work Visa
- Applications close 9am, Monday, 24 July 2017