Almond & walnut breakfast slice
The combination of almonds and walnuts in this healthy snack recipe is not only tasty but boasts a multitude of heart health benefits.
- Soaked the dates in hot water for 30 minutes prior & well drained
- Pre-heat oven to 180°C
- Place the almonds and walnuts into a food processor and blitz to a fine crumb.
- Add the banana, dates, yoghurt, egg, vanilla, cinnamon and nutmeg. Process until the dates are broken up.
- Add the desiccated coconut, oats and linseeds and process to combine.
- Pour batter into a slice tin lined with baking paper. Use the back of a spoon or a spatula to smooth out the top. Sprinkle with almond slivers.
- Bake for 35 – 45 minutes until golden and the centre is slightly firm to touch.
- Leave to cool entirely before slicing.
Will last up to five days in the fridge in a sealed container. Slices can be frozen for up to 3 months.
Recipe by Kelly Gibney and Mother Earth