Classic bean and rice salad
A delicious and nutritious salad that will fill and delight your guests with ease.
TIME TO MAKE 45 - 1 hour
MEAL TYPE Lunch
- In a saucepan cover the brown rice with the water and bring to the boil with a lid on
- Reduce the heat to the lowest setting
- Cook until the water has all been absorbed and the rice is cooked
- Remove from heat and allow to cool
- Blanch the green beans in boiling water for one minute then drain
- Mix together all of the ingredients
- Refrigerate for at least half an hour before serving
This recipe is intended as a main sized portion. For a side salad we suggest halving the quantities stated.