Jioazi pork dumplings
These sumptuous dumplings are a traditional dish served during the Chinese New Year, however are just as good any other time of the year.
TIME TO MAKE 30 - 45 mins
MEAL TYPE Dinner
- Mix together the carrot, celery, pork, sugar, soy sauce and cornflour
- Make three pleats along one side of the wonton wrappers
- Place one teaspoon of the mixture in the wonton "bowl"
- Fold over the other half of the wonton wrapper and seal the edges
- Place dumplings in a steamer basket and steam over boiling water for 15 minutes. Alternatively place in gently boiling water and boil for 5 minutes
- Serve with fermented black rice vinegar (Chiangking vinegar)
This recipe makes 50 dumplings. Three per person makes a good entree.