Mexican salad jars
These salad jars are easy to transport. Simply layer your ingredients and securely fasten the lid.
TIME TO MAKE 15 - 30 mins
MEAL TYPE Lunch
- Heat the olive oil in a non-stick pan over a medium heat. Add half of the chopped onion and cook until slightly soft. Add the mince, breaking up any clumps with a wooden spoon and cook for 5 minutes or until browned.
- Add the cumin, ground coriander, paprika, oregano and cayenne pepper, cooking for another 5 minutes until fragrant. Add the pasta sauce and water and reduce the heat to low. Simmer for 15 minutes until the sauce has reduced. Remove from the heat and allow to cool.
- For the gaucamole, place the diced avocado in a bowl and mash roughly with a fork. Mix through the fresh coriander, capsicum and lime juice, then season to taste with pepper.
- Heat a chargrill pan or BBQ to medium heat and cook the corn for 10 minutes until tender. Transfer the corn to a board and when cool enough to handle, remove the kernels with a sharp knife.
- Divide the mince mixture between 4 jars or bowls. Top the mince mixture with black beans and then continue layering with the chopped tomatoes, cabbage, second half of the red onion, chargrilled corn, and top with guacamole.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
Why not use the left-overs from your dinner and put in a jar with a tasty vinaigrette for lunch the next day.