Tropical fruit cake
Similar to the famous hummingbird cake, this variation is full of delicious tropical fruit. Here's a cake for all occasions.
TIME TO MAKE 45 - 1 hour
MEAL TYPE Dessert
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease a 23cm round spring form cake tin and line base with baking paper.
- In a large bowl whisk sugar, eggs, oil and vanilla.
- Add banana and pineapple and mix with a wooden spoon.
- Add flours, baking powder and cinnamon and mix until it is just combined.
- Pour mixture into tin and sprinkle thread coconut on top.
- Bake for 50-55 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Leave in tin for 15 minutes before turning out.