Ricotta veggie pies
A delicious and super easy ricotta veggie pie recipe that can be served for lunch or a light meal
TIME TO MAKE 45 - 1 hour
MEAL TYPE Snack
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Grease 6 non-stick muffin cups with Flora pro-activ
- Heat remaining Flora pro-activ in a non-stick frying pan. Add the kumara and cook, stirring, 2 - 3 minutes. Add the zucchini and cook stirring for 1 - 2 minutes. Stir in the garlic and cumin and cook for a further 1 - 2 minutes. allow to cool.
- Beat the ricotta in a bowl with a hand held mixer until smooth. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in the cooled vegetable mixture.
- Spoon mixture evenly into a prepared muffin cups. Place two of the halved tomatoes on each pie, skin side down. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 25 minutes until well puffed and golden. Cool in the tin for a few minutes before transferring them to a wire cooling rack. The pies will shrink while cooling.
- To make the salsa, toss the remaining tomatoes with basil. Serve these warm or cold with the salsa
Keep these pies cool in a sealed container until ready to eat
Recipe thanks to Flora pro-activ