Sua Fa’i Samoan banana and sago pudding
Use up those ripe bananas and make this scrummy sago pudding recipe that can be served as a simple dessert, breakfast or special treat - contains no added sugar!
TIME TO MAKE 15 - 30 mins
MEAL TYPE Dessert
- Mash peeled bananas by hand leaving some lumpy bits
- Add cold water – enough to cover bananas
- Add sago and stir through
- Bring to the boil on medium heat, then turn down and simmer stirring occassionally until sago goes transparent
- Before serving add coconut cream and stir through
- Serve warm or leave to cool and go jelly like and eat cold. Either way it’s lovely
- Perfect served with a squeeze of lime or lemon juice over the Sua Fa’i.
- You can add extra water later on if mixture is too thick
- The more sago the thicker the consistency.
- Is coconut cream good for you? learn more