Thai kumara soup
A simple and tasty kumara soup
TIME TO MAKE 15 - 30 mins
MEAL TYPE Dinner
- Cut kumara into small chunks.
- Add to saucepan with boiling water. Bring to the boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes or until tender.
- Add tomatoes to saucepan and heat through. Remove from heat.
- Add curry paste and coconut essence, then mash or blend into a soup.
- Stir through evaporated milk.
Coconut essence and lite evaporated milk was used as a substitute for coconut milk. This gives a coconut flavour without the saturated fat.