AUT Certificate of Proficiency in Pacific Nutrition
Do you work in the health or education sector? Do you work with Pacific communities in a training, advice and/or support role? This AUT, Level 4, Pacific nutrition course could be for you. Find out how you can register.
Enrol in a certified course on Pacific nutrition. The AUT Certificate of Proficiency in Pacific Nutrition will teach you about the relationship between the types of food we eat, and the effect they can have on our health. You will learn how to make everyday traditional foods healthier. Every life stage is covered from age 0 - 65+.
Learn how to share the information you have learnt with your families, communities and workplaces.
The course is delivered in three parts, both online and through six evening classes, once a week over eight weeks. There is a one week break between parts one and two.
For details on what you will learn in each training part, download our course outline (PDF)
To attend this course you will need to:
- Complete the online registration form
- Supply proof of eligibility to study in New Zealand
- Actively take part in learning activities, discussions and group work
- Complete online readings, activities and assessments
- Attend all of the classes
- Pay $100 per person.
When is the next course?
|Location||Dates / Time||Enrol before|
From Mar to May 2019
Part 1: Mar 19, 26
Monday, 4 February 2019 (5pm)
How do I register?
To register for this course complete the following three steps*:
1. Complete the registration form (online)
For enquiries about courses in other regions please contact us.
2. Supply proof of New Zealand residency
To complete your registration, you will need to supply verified proof of New Zealand residency (i.e.
a signed copy of a New Zealand Passport, Foreign Passport with Residency Visa, Certificate of
Citizenship, New Zealand Birth Certificate).
Unfortunately you are not able to use a NZ Drivers Licence as proof of residency.
These documents must be certified by a Justice of the Peace (Citizens Advice Bureaus usually
have a Justice of the Peace on staff) or, if you are in Auckland, you can bring the original in to the
Heart Foundation office and we can copy and sign it for you.
3. Submit your documents to us
Please courier or post your certified documents with proof of NZ residency to:
Pacific Heartbeat - CPPN
9 Kalmia Street, Ellerslie, Auckland 1051
PO Box 17160, Greenlane, Auckland 1546
* Please note that acceptance into this course is not automatic. Acceptance is based on the relevance the training package has in relation to the line of work you are in. As this course is delivered in partnership with AUT, once your registration has been accepted, you will also be required to complete the online registration form through the AUT website.Ask a question