Food transformations - Lesson plan
Our Food transformations lesson plan is an extension lesson that’s part of our Food Technology unit plan for Year 8 students.
In our Food transformations lesson, students learn how to make healthier versions of fast food recipes. They’ll also learn how materials can be manipulated and transformed.
This is an extension lesson for our Food Technology: Year 8 unit plan.
Download the whole lesson plan as a kit or choose from individual worksheets below.Download complete lesson kit (PDF)
Lesson plan resources
- Lesson evaluation sheet - Egg and vegetable burrito (PDF)
- Lesson evaluation sheet - Deconstructed burger (PDF)
- Lesson evaluation sheet - Chicken four ways (PDF)
- Deconstructed burger activity - student copy (PDF)
- Deconstructed burger activity - teacher copy (PDF)
- Sensory evaluation (PDF)
- Chicken four ways: Pan fried chicken pieces
- Chicken four ways: Chicken and vegetable soup
- Chicken four ways: Chicken drumsticks
- Chicken four ways: Chicken kebabs
- Deconstructed burger: Traditional burgers
- Deconstructed burger: Grilled kofta
- Deconstructed burger: Baked mini meatloaf
- Deconstructed burger: Poached mini meatballs
- Egg and vegetable burrito