Fruit ice blocks
Most fruits work well in this recipe, simply cook the fruit and blend it with the banana then freeze. The recipe below makes ice blocks that are approximately 75g each.
- Place chosen fruit in a saucepan and cover with a lid
- Bring slowly to a boil then turn off and allow to cool
- Blend fruit with equal quantities of banana until smooth
- Pour into ice block moulds with a stick and freeze
For a layered effect use different fruits and blend with banana separately then pour into moulds one after the other.
Here are some ideas for fruits to use:
- Berries- strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, blackberries
- Tropical fruits- mango, pineapple
- Stone fruit- plums, peaches, nectarines, cherries
You could also replace these fruits with canned fruits, in which case you can skip the cooking and blend with banana after draining from the can.