Roasted vegetables with sesame seeds
A great staple that can be served any grilled red meat, chicken or fish
TIME TO MAKE 30 - 45 mins
MEAL TYPE Side
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees C
- Peel the pumpkin and cut it into large pieces. Cut the kumara into large pieces. Remove the seeds and membrane from the capsicum and cut into large pieces
- Toss the prepared vegetables together with the potatoes and onions in a large baking dish
- Drizzle with the combined oil, garlic and honey and toss to combine. Bake for 30 minutes or until the vegetables are tender
- Remove from the oven, and sprinkle with sesame seeds and rosemary sprigs. Season with cracked black pepper
- Use cumin seeds instead of sesame seeds, add crumbled Feta and fresh herbs to the roasted vegetable and combine with a light vinaigrette.
- Use baby vegetables such as beetroot, carrots, scallopini and leeks.
- Serve with a light ‘gravy’
Recipe from Deliciously Healthy Cookbook, Heart Foundation, 2001.