For assistance call our friendly customer care team on 0800 750 150 or +64 9 951 5980
Heart disease is the single biggest killer of men and women in New Zealand. Every week over one hundred more New Zealand families lose a loved one to heart disease and tragically, many of these deaths are premature and preventable.
The Heart Foundation aims to stop family members dying prematurely from heart disease, and to help Kiwis living with heart disease to live full and productive lives. Our wide-ranging work in heart health includes:
- funding life-saving heart health research into the treatment, cure and prevention of heart diseases
- funding training for New Zealand’s most promising cardiologists and researchers, both at home and overseas, to ensure we maintain our world-class heart health services
- developing and implementing heart disease prevention programmes for schools and communities, designed to keep all New Zealanders heart healthy
- educating Kiwis on how to live heart healthy lifestyles
- championing the best care for those of us at risk of, or living with, heart disease in this country.
In the 50 years since the Heart Foundation was established, death rates from heart disease in New Zealand have fallen by more than 75 percent. But there is much more to be done. Heart disease is still the single leading cause of death in this country, with more than one of us currently losing our life every 90 minutes.
We are New Zealand's only heart health charity and rely on the generous goodwill of supporters like you, to fund our life-saving work.
Thank you for joining us to save Kiwi lives.
Thanks to the Heart Foundation Lottery sponsors and suppliers.