The ultimate snack
- Heat the margarine in a heavy-based saucepan
- Add the corn. Cover pan with a lid and shake over the heat to prevent browning
- Don't be tempted to remove the lid to soon
- Corn should be popped in 2-3 minutes
- Makes approximately 1 cup
Place the margarine and corn in an oven bag. Loosely twist the open end of the bag and place in the microwave. Cook on 100% power for 2 1/2 to 3 minutes or until most of the kernels are popped. Unpopped corn can be returned to the oven.
Add 1/2 tsp curry powder to the saucepan or oven bag before popping.
Sweet & spicy
Add to 2 tsp of brown sugar, 1 tsp cinnamon and 1/2 cup sultanas after the corn has been popped. Mix well.
Balsamic vinegar and cracked pepper
Add 1 tbsp of balsamic vinegar, 2 tsp cracked black pepper after the corn has been popped. Mix well.