Sardines spinach and tomato on toast
A simple yet delicious meal that can be made in a hurry.
TIME TO MAKE 5 - 15 mins
MEAL TYPE Breakfast
Watch our guide to make the recipe
- Wash the spinach, break off and discard the bottom of the stalks.
- Place spinach in a saucepan with a little water and over a high heat with lid on until wilted- approximately 5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and drain well- squeeze as much water out with the back of a spoon as possible.
- Once drained, roughly chop and season with salt and pepper.
- Drain the sardines and mash with the vinegar.
- Mix the diced tomato with the lemon juice.
- Place spinach, mashed sardines and tomatoes on toast sprinkle with more pepper.