Our vision - hearts fit for life
Our mission - to stop all people in New Zealand dying prematurely from heart disease and enable people with heart disease to live full lives
- Every day, we connect with communities across the country providing much needed support, care and advice to people and their families affected by heart disease
- Each year, we fund around $1.5 million of leading-edge research and specialist cardiologist training and it is all thanks to you
- Our education and prevention programmes tackle heart disease head-on in the community, wherever it is needed most. The work that we do with young children creates a foundation for keeping hearts healthy into the future
- Our dedication and commitment to tackling heart disease drives everything we do.
- A small group of enthusiastic cardiologists and business people concerned about the high number of Kiwis dying from heart disease met together in 1968
- They created The National Heart Foundation of New Zealand, with the aim of using education and research to improve the heart health of all New Zealanders
- The Heart Foundation quickly grew into a reputable charitable organisation which had a big impact on addressing the heart disease ‘epidemic’ of the 1960s
- Since then, we have grown into a highly-respected charity with a network of branches throughout the country.