Global Cardiovascular Research Funders Forum
The Heart Foundation is a founding member of the Global Cardiovascular Research Funders Forum (GCRFF).
The GCRFF is a collaboration between eleven major international funders of cardiovascular clinical research. It aims to speed up progress in preventing, diagnosing, and treating the world’s biggest killers, including heart attack and stroke.
Multinational Clinical Trials
As a first step, a sub-group of research funders has been formed to facilitate multinational research funding.
The Multinational Clinical Trials sub-group aims to help researchers from different countries collaborate on plans and coordinate funding applications for global clinical trials. Researchers can submit expressions of interest for multinational clinical trials through a new dedicated portal.
It also provides sub-group members with a full understanding of the wider components of trial design and funding before they commit to the trial in their country.
The aim is to:
- help researchers in different countries collaborate more effectively and plan ambitious, practice-changing clinical trials
- allow individual research funders to input into the trial design early, before the trial has already started
- reduce the risk to the funders because there’s greater assurance that the trial will be deliverable, and costs are spread.
It’s hoped that this initiative will lead to findings that save and improve the lives of people all over the world.
Read more about the initiative and how it works (PDF).
Submit an expression of interest through the submission portal.
For any other queries, please contact Sibs Moyo, Research Grants Funding Liaison.
GCRFF founding members
- The American Heart Association
- The British Heart Foundation
- The Danish Heart Foundation
- The Dutch Heart Foundation
- The German Centre for Cardiovascular Research
- The Leducq Foundation
- The Heart and Stroke Association of Canada
- The Institute of Circulatory and Respiratory Health, Canada
- The National Heart Foundation of Australia
- The National Heart Foundation of New Zealand
- The Swedish Heart & Lung Foundation
Multinational clinical trials sub-group
- British Heart Foundation
- Dutch Heart Foundation
- German Centre for Cardiovascular Research
- Institute of Circulatory and Respiratory Health, Canada
- National Heart Foundation of Australia
- National Heart Foundation of New Zealand