Savoury kumara cakes
Turn your leftover veges into these tasty kumara cakes
TIME TO MAKE 15 - 30 mins
MEAL TYPE Dinner
- Microwave (or steam) kumara in a little water until tender, about 5 minutes. Mash
- Cook onion in a pan or microwave
- Mix all ingredients together except breadcrumbs
- Put breadcrumbs on a plate. Divide mixture into four. Put a quarter of the mix in a mound on the breadcrumbs and form into a circle about 2cm high. Lift carefully onto a sheet of baking paper
- Sprinkle the top of the pattie with breadcrumbs then spray with oil
- Once all patties are made, place in fridge to chill.
- Turn on oven and heat to 180°C. Once oven is heated, lift baking paper and patties onto an oven tray and cook for 20 minutes.