- 27 March 2020Flu vaccination during the Covid-19 Level 4 lockdown
Everyone with a heart condition should get a 2020 flu vaccine. Free flu vaccines are available for high-risk groups during the Covid-19 (coronavirus) Level 4 lockdown. Here's why it's important and some advice on how to get the vaccine safely.Read more...
- 8 March 2020How to cut back on salt to boost your heart health
The week of 9–15 March 2020 is the World Action on Health and Salt, Salt Awareness Week. There are strong links to salt and heart health and it’s important to understand where the salt in our diet is coming from.Read more...
- 4 November 2019What is a standardised recipe and how do I make one?
Standardised recipes are created by your organisation using equipment found in your kitchen. These recipes are used to produce a known quality and quantity of food and help control costs and waste of product. Learn how to make one below.Read more...
- 4 November 2019Healthier sandwiches, wraps and rolls
Looking for ideas to make your lunch options healthier for your school or early learning service? With a little planning sandwiches, rolls and wraps can be highly nutritious and fun to eat. Look at our filling suggestions below for some ideas for your next lunch.Read more...
- 9 September 2019Are nutrition claims on packaged foods misleading?
Do you struggle to choose ‘healthy’ products at the supermarket? You’re not alone. Find out the meaning of some common nutrition claims and what to look for on a food label.Read more...
121 articles found
Was this information helpful?