Getting started with healthier cooking - Lesson 1 Year 8
In this lesson, students learn how to start cooking in a healthier way.
Getting started with healthier cooking is the topic for lesson one of our Food Technology: Year 8 unit plan. It introduces students to safe kitchen practices, as well as planning and evaluating their work.
Our lesson plan template has everything you need to plan an engaging Food Technology lesson. Download the whole lesson plan as a kit or “pick and mix” information to suit your students.Download complete lesson kit (PDF)
Lesson plan resources
- Lesson 1 evaluation sheet - Pick ‘n’ mix smoothie (PDF)
- Lesson 1 evaluation sheet - Rainbow vegetable kebab (PDF)
- Equipment find activity
- Sensory evaluation activity (PDF)
- The Food Technology process activity (PDF)
- Visual Food Guide activity - student copy (PDF)
- Visual Food Guide activity - teacher copy (PDF)
How to videos