Asparagus rolls with skordalia
Try these Kiwi classics with a tangy twist. A perfect summer starter or picnic sandwich.
- Trim the hard ends off the asparagus
- Blanch asparagus in boiling water for 2 minutes
- Remove and plunge into ice cold water until the asparagus has completely cooled down
- Drain and dry well
- Cut the crusts off the bread
- Spread 1 tablespoon of skordalia over each slice of bread
- Lay one asparagus spear on each slice of bread
- Roll bread over asparagus
- Secure with a toothpick if necessary
Skordalia a traditional Greek side dish. Here is our great recipe for Skordalia to use in the asparagus rolls.
If you don't want to use skordalia you could try this delicious hummus.