Cauliflower, macaroni and cheese
By adding cauliflower to your macaroni cheese you increase your fibre intake - and reduce the overall carbohydrate value of this tasty classic.
- Bring milk to a simmer
- Dissolve the cornflour in a little water and gradually stir into the simmering milk while stirring until thickened
- Add the cheese and continue to heat until melted then remove from heat
- Meanwhile cook the macaroni in unsalted boiling water until al dente
- Drain and set aside
- Cook the cauliflower in boiling water until tender
- Drain and allow to cool
- Chop the cauliflower into small pieces
- Mix together the cheese sauce, pasta and cooked cauliflower
At this point you can refrigerate until ready to serve or place in a pre-heated oven with a sprinkle of breadcrumbs over the top to serve immediately.
To serve individual servings quickly place a 225g serving in a microwave proof dish and heat according to your microwave, then sprinkle with breadcrumbs and grill until golden brown