A classic Middle Eastern chickpea dip
TIME TO MAKE 2+ hours
MEAL TYPE Lunch
- Soak the chickpeas overnight in cold water
- Drain the chickpeas
- In a large pot cover the chickpeas in water, add a teaspoon of baking soda and bring to the boil
- Simmer chickpeas for approximately 1 hour or until the chickpeas are soft
- Drain retaining the cooking liquid
- In a food processor while the chickpeas are still hot blend all listed ingredients until smooth.
- To get the hummus extra smooth pass it through a mouli
To serve spread out on a plate and sprinkle with paprika. Drizzle with a little olive oil as well if you choose.
For a convenient snack keep small containers of hummus in the freezer